Florida State vs Maryland
A very important game for both in an effort to bring themselves closer to .500 in the ACC. I think the Terps are beginning to turn it around after a poor start to conference play. However, the Seminoles have been very tough at home with victories over Florida and Virginia Tech. Leonard Hamilton has raised the talent level in Tallahassee every year... I wonder how? I like FSU at home.
Just part of the FSU "experience"
Wake Forest vs Georgia Tech
I have been thinking a lot about this Georgia Tech recently and have come up with some truths.
- Georgia Tech lacks basketball IQ right now.
- They have a tough time getting five guys on the floor on the same page at the same time.
- Ever since Dean Keener left for James Madison after the National Runner Up season of the 2003-2004, the Yellow Jackets half court offense has not been the same.
- Tech has lost 16 straight road games, but they have their best chance for the rest of the year against Wake Forest
- This Yellow Jacket team is beginning to look eerily similar to the 2002-2003 team where NBA All-Star Chris Bosh was a freshman. That team did not win an ACC road game until March and settled for the NIT.
With all that being said, I think Georgia Tech pulls this one out on the road.