Here are five observations from this week's action, some things to ponder, and predictions for this weekend's games.
1. I think Duke is the best team in the ACC and starting to separate themselves a little. They forced FSU to play at the Blue Devils by employing a smaller lineup.
If they continue to play solid defense (which they didn't at NC State) and hit threes they are the team to beat.
2. North Carolina bounced back finally with a win over Tobacco Road rival NC State. This team has too much talent (and we know they have the coaching) not to make the NCAA Tournament and I would be shocked if they finished below 8-8 in the league.
3. Georgia Tech's Iman Shumpert has come a long way since early in the season when he looked lost at point guard.
But the sophomore is now the catalyst on an improving Yellow Jacket offense. His penetration opens up the floor for outside shooters and more importantly easy bucket for Tech's two big men.
4. Clemson is on the ropes right now and needs a quick turn around if they want to get back into the conference title race. They really miss the outside shooting of Terrance Oglesby who went overseas to play despite eligibility left.
Losers of three straight it doesn't get much easier with standings leader Maryland coming to town.
5. Does Seth Greenberg pay property taxes in Charlottesville because right now he owns the Cavaliers?
Georgia Tech over Kentucky State
Duke over Georgetown
NC State over NC Central
Boston College over FSU
Miami over Virginia Tech
Clemson over Maryland
North Carolina over Virginia
Please follow me on Twitter