Some of the Yellow Jacket players probably caught a glimpse of the game, most know the score.
I think it helps Tech today. Makes them a little more mad to erase the memory of last week with a win this week. UNC players are probably feeling a little more confident now about their chances having seen the Kansas score.
On to the numbers...
Vegas has finally installed the Tar Heels as 1.5 point favorites after taking the game off the board due to suspensions at UNC still under review by the NCAA and the school.
- Butch Davis is 11-13 in ACC play in three seasons in Chapel Hill.
- Under Davis, UNC is 6-7 ATS as a Home Favorite. Against the ACC they are 12-12 ATS and coming off a straight up loss they are 8-6.
- Carolina had an extra week to prepare for Paul Johnson's spread offense which should help, but Butch Davis is only 2-4 SU coming off a bye the last three seasons.
- UNC has lost its last nine ACC openers SU
- Georgia Tech is 4-2 ATS as an Away Dog under Paul Johnson
- Going back to his days at Navy, Johnson is 18-6 ATS as an Away Dog
- Off a loss, GT is 5-0 ATS the last two seasons and Johnson is 20-10-1 since 2002
- The Yellow Jackets are 8-4 straight up on the road the last two seasons
- The visitor is just 1-6 straight up in the last seven meetings
Coaching - Edge Georgia Tech
Emotion - Edge Georgia Tech
Home Field - Edge North Carolina
Prediction: Georgia Tech 31 North Carolina 27